We know many of you are just getting interested in soccer (a-hem, futbol!) because it is something your child is passionate about. Browse some of the links below to find more information about the game, as well as how to be the most supportive parent possible.
**Please be advised that on game day parents are on one side of the field (not behind the goals) and coaches & teams on the other. If this were baseball you wouldn't see parents in the dugout. Please help us in the matter!**
Central TN Soccer Club Code of Conduct
The mission of the CTS is to provide a safe, fun, and sportsmanlike atmosphere for our children of to learn and participate in the game of soccer.
Our organization is comprised of the players, their parents, volunteer coaches, referees, division directors and an Executive Board. The success of our program depends on the collective efforts of, and cooperation among ALL participants. To ensure the continued success of our program, we have identified the responsibilities of each participant.
1. Provides well-planned fun, appropriate, challenging practices in a safe practice environment.
2. Creates an atmosphere of fairness, trust, and encouragement.
3. Maintains discipline at all times.
4. Inspects fields to ensure that it is safe and playable.
5. Provides well-planned game plan that includes player assignments and probable substitutions.
6. Ensure fair playing time to all players.
7. Develops, by example, good sportsmanship in players.
8. Maintains control of players and fans during games.
9. Makes no comment to officials during the game. Thanks the officials after the game.
10. Treats players, opponents, and officials with respect and courtesy.
1. Play for the fun of it.
2. Arrives at practices and games at designated times, properly equipped and ready to play.
3. Listens to the coach and diligently tries to follow his/her instructions.
4. Demonstrates enthusiasm by working as hard as possible at all times.
5. Treats teammates, coaches, opponents, and officials with respect and courtesy.
6. Plays the position assigned with enthusiasm.
7. Makes no comments to the officials during the game. Thanks the officials after the game.
8. Demonstrates good sportsmanship, win or lose.
1. Ensure player's arrival at the games and practices, on time and properly equipped and ready to play.
2. Arrive on time to pick up players after practices and games, and arrive early in the event of bad weather or premature darkness.
3. Provide assistance to the coach as needed.
4. Encourage the players, cheer and applaud outstanding plays for both teams.
5. Do not give instruction.
6. Do not criticize the coach.
7. Make no comments to the officials during the game. Thank the officials after the game.
8. Treat players, coaches, opponents, and officials with respect and courtesy.